Socks, ghosts, and links, oh my!

For a while, I was working on my current SOS08 pair, Big Basin (from Six Sox Knitalong). This is the first time I’m using a wool-tencel blend and I just love it (Zen Yarn Garden Tencelicious)!

bigbasintoes.jpg

After finishing the gussets of these socks, I’ve put them on hold to knit the bunny pullover from Roo Designs. Mom bought the yarn and asked me to make one for her to take as a gift to an upcoming reunion. The Cashsoft yarn is so yummy to work with that I was happy to oblige! :)

cashsoftdk.jpg

Meanwhile, as mentioned in my last post, I had a sock yarn purchase token ready for my trip to Depth of Field. Surprise! I didn’t get any yarn, but I ended up getting New Pathways for Sock Knitters instead. Nevertheless, I was still able to use the token, as on Plurk, I wished for some sock yarn inspired by Randall’s Ghost (webcomic), mostly black with bits of white. KnittingDragon of Cables & Lace came to the rescue!

cllizardtoesrandallsghost.jpg

Exactly what I wanted, Thanks <a target=”_blank” title=Sweaters for Dragons blog (New Window)” href=”http://sweatersfordragons.com/”>KnittingDragon! I can’t wait to see what it looks like when knit up… :)

In other knitting news, Opal of The Akamai Knitter has opened an Etsy shop selling her handspun and handmade stitch markers. I couldn’t resist a set with a dragon charm (similar to this one), so cute!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to “Socks, ghosts, and links, oh my!”

1. Dave Says:
    July 29th, 2008 at 10:01 am

Great goings on! :-)

I didn’t realize the yarn credits applied to books as well. But hey, I guess that’s just more inspiration to use up more yarn for the next credit; right?

2. deb Says:
    July 29th, 2008 at 12:24 pm

The black and bit ‘o white looks great. I saw it when it was born on plurk too!

July 29th, 2008 at 12:33 pm

The Big Basin socks are on my summer list – I think I have some of that Tencel in the stash, I may to dig it out!

July 29th, 2008 at 1:53 pm

Thanks for the shout out! I adore those Big Basin socks and I normally can’t stand orange. It must be the way you work the yarn. ;-)

July 29th, 2008 at 7:28 pm

The black with white is very intriguing! Hopefully it’s near the top of your too-knit list? ;) Love your Big Basin socks, too.

6. Carrie K Says:
    July 29th, 2008 at 7:55 pm

Oh my gosh, those sweaters are too cute! Am I too old to knit me a tiger one? ;)

Nice socks! The black with white yarn looks very inviting in the skein. Can’t wait to see it knit up.

July 30th, 2008 at 2:07 am

Beautiful socks. I really like the yarn you bought. The bunny sweater is going to be really cute.

8. Sydney Says:
    July 30th, 2008 at 10:32 pm

Cashsoft yarn is of so soft. I like the black yarn with bits of white. I’m looking forward to seeing it knit up. The Big Basin socks are looking good too.

9. infinityexplorer Says:
    July 31st, 2008 at 10:17 am

Those socks are fabulous… I love the colors and the pattern is really cool…