Randomity

Hooray! I am almost finished with my last secret knitting project. I ran into the dreaded “not enough yarn” problem again. (Any advice or tricks for removing this curse?) It’s a fun project, I wish I could tell you about it now, but my mouth/hands will be tied for months.

Happily, I’ve finalized the layout for the new sock pattern…finally! I’m very excited. If all goes well with the final copy, it’ll be available for purchase through Ravelry tomorrow.

I have been in a funk on-and-off for months. Partly because I HATE job hunting (it’s probably my least favorite thing to do in the whole world). Partly because I don’t get much opportunity to socialize (all my old friends have moved away and my extreme shyness means I’m slow to make new friends). Partly because Maui, my 2-year old computer, seems to be dying. I need to put aside some time to create the restore CDs (shame on me for putting off that task) and back up all my files so I can format.

Knitting is great therapy, but it can make things more difficult because I’d rather knit than throw together a new cover letter or browse the classifieds. I also think my blog reading list has become a bit stagnant. I recently added a Greasemonkey script that enables the original post to load directly in Google Reader, so now I can read the full post and comment without having to open a new tab. It’s working well and I’m getting back into blog reading/commenting. I’d love a few recommendations for good knitting blogs. (Some topic variety is fine but I’m really all about the knitting.) I’ve temporarily made public <a target=”_blank” title=”knitting blogs I read (New Window)’ href=”http://www.bloglines.com/public/limedragon”>my list via Bloglines, so you can see which blogs I already read. Thanks! : )

Tags: , , , , ,

9 Responses to “Randomity”

May 13th, 2008 at 11:21 am

I’m in sort of funk, too, so I can totally relate. I’m not the most social person by nature, so it’s all too easy for me to slip into not being social beyond Jeanne and my brother/SIL (and the blogging).

May 13th, 2008 at 11:59 am

Get into the habit of always buying an extra skein. As soon as the fates realize that you are doing so every time you buy yarn, they’ll start making sure you never need to use it.

I got laid off myself 2 weeks ago, so I understand completely your dislike of job hunting. I’m a pretty shy person myself and putting myself out there to be judged is one of the hardest things EVER. In fact, I haven’t yet been able to face even updating my resume. If I don’t become inspired to do so soon, things are going to get interesting around here. Fortunately my yarn stash is such that I will be able to knit for years without having to spend a dime.

May 13th, 2008 at 12:15 pm

I think it’s the time of year… as soon as the weather gets nicer, I’d rather be outside doing stuff, which doesn’t always leave much time for knitting or blogging. Totally understandable.

4. knittymama Says:
    May 13th, 2008 at 1:33 pm

Know what you mean. I was just thinking today how much I dislike my job right now, but I hate looking for a new one even more! Hang in there:-)

I wish I could recommend a new blog. I’ve been avoiding checking out too many new ones because my Bloglines is so darn huge!

May 13th, 2008 at 4:19 pm

I’ve been busy with remodelling and kid stuff and been in a funk because I don’t have time for my needles….

May 13th, 2008 at 7:33 pm

I think it’s the time of year, everyone seems to be in a funk of one sort or another. Hope you kick yours soon. Mine will be kicked as soon as baby comes out sigh.

Can’t wait for the new sock pattern!

May 13th, 2008 at 11:37 pm

Good news on the new sock pattern. I think you need some sunshine and spring to kick start you out of the funk – I felt a bit like you did a few weeks ago when it was cold and horrible but now the sun is out I feel much better.

May 13th, 2008 at 11:39 pm

PS I quite like yarnivorous (at blogspot)

May 14th, 2008 at 7:09 am

I hate job hunting too. It really is one of the worst things to do. I wish you the best of luck with that and with the release of the pattern! I also hope you feel better soon.