Unfocused

That pretty much sums up how I’ve been feeling lately. I swatch, swatch, swatch, nothing comes out of it. I still have one more secret knitting commitment that hasn’t started yet. I haven’t allowed myself to start any new, exciting, larger-scale projects because of this, which means things around here are boring and/or unsettled. I can’t even figure out a nice, simple project that I can work on tomorrow during the pre-Harlot meetup and Harlot Event. Suggestions?

At least, I have the latest Harmony sock club (link in sidebar) yarn to show you all.

harmonymar08-sunkiss.jpg

Orange is one of my least favorite colors for one reason only—it is a color I cannot wear. But this colorway? I would be happy to wear it as socks. This yarn is also my first wool-tencel blend yarn. I look forward to trying it out. : )

Tags: , , , ,

10 Responses to “Unfocused”

April 9th, 2008 at 7:43 am

Oh no! Nothing to knit?! Some socks you could start?? Dishcloth?? Have fun!!

April 9th, 2008 at 8:34 am

Oooh, I love the color, it looks like a mango smoothy. Ah, I hear you about the unfocused bit. I have a ton of things to finish up before wee one makes their appearance in oooh, 5 or 6 weeks. Yeah, it sounds better when I say it that way instead of one month. Here’s hoping at least one of us finds inspiration!

April 9th, 2008 at 10:36 am

I don’t wear orange either, but that yarn is really nice. Perhaps you should start on it?

4. Deb Says:
    April 9th, 2008 at 11:22 am

Oh, man. I have the opposite going on right now. Too much, too little finishing!

So, I started knitting up “Spike’s Revenge” for mom socks a week ago, and I really like how it’s striping. I’ll bring it to the YH event just in case we have the chance to meet up and say hello. :)

April 9th, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Even though I’m not a big fan of orange – I do like that skein :)

April 9th, 2008 at 2:23 pm

I’m not a huge fan of orange either, but I do like that skein. Why don’t you start a pair of socks from that skein?

April 10th, 2008 at 7:22 pm

I think that’s a georgeous color! And I often wear colors in my socks that don’t look so good on the rest of me.

April 11th, 2008 at 11:34 pm

I like the color. Orange has been one of my favorite colors these days. O no…. how about a scarf, dishcloth??? Have fun at meeting Yarn Harlot.

9. Lisa Says:
    April 12th, 2008 at 1:51 pm

You and I should get together, so your swatching can rub off on me. I hate the swatching. I hope you do make yourself some socks with that yummy orange yarn. I like it a lot.

April 13th, 2008 at 10:18 am

Oh, I do love that colorway! Should you change your mind and decide that you just can’t bring yourself to knit/wear it…. 8-)