Nada

I have absolutely nothing to show you all. How depressing! I have been in a state of limbo since finishing the Logan wrap and English Crystal square. I’m in the middle of several secret projects. Thus far, it’s been mostly “hurry up and wait.” Yarn has arrived for only one project, which I’ve swatched; but before I can continue, I need the paperwork and further instructions. This waiting wreaks havoc on my nerves.

Check out these two pictures from 1918 I found at the MN Digital Library.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to “Nada”

March 12th, 2008 at 7:36 am

Ah back in the day when it was adorable to have a bow bigger than your entire head in your hair. I love the holes in the little boys stockings/socks/whatever. My grandmother was a 4th grade teacher (the one who taught me to knit) and everyone, boys and girls learned to knit in her class. When did this become some stereotypical “woman’s” thing? Back in the day knitters were guilded, and only men could be in the guild.

March 12th, 2008 at 7:54 am

Hah! I have a great photo of my grandmother with one of those bows!

Are you participating in Sock Madness this year?

3. Jess Says:
    March 12th, 2008 at 8:54 am

Those are most definitely sock knitting machines. Cool!

I totally sympathize with not having anything to post about – I feel like I haven’t since January. Winter begone!

March 12th, 2008 at 9:57 am

Secret knitting is so, so bad for blogging. Great pictures from MN Digital Library!

March 12th, 2008 at 10:43 am

Love the photos. You could blog the current state of your yarn stash… or if you’re starting to see any signs of spring… or before and after photos of projects made long ago and how they’ve stood up to the test of time.

March 12th, 2008 at 2:22 pm

Secret projects really do suck the life out of a blog, don’t they? I did enjoy looking at those pictures. At first glance things seem to have taken a drastic change, but then when I see the needles and yarn, I think to myself that some things will hopefully never change.

March 13th, 2008 at 6:37 pm

Yes, they are sock knitting machines! I think Dave at Cabin Cove has one that looks like those. I only have a bit of secret knitting going on, and two unfinished projects… so it’s all about old knitting magazines right now…

March 15th, 2008 at 5:40 pm

Great pics. Yes, I would say they are sock knitting machines. Cool!

9. knittymama Says:
    March 15th, 2008 at 6:55 pm

Secret projects sound fun…

10. Sydney Says:
    March 16th, 2008 at 10:54 pm

Secret knitting is hard on blogging. I haven’t had much to show and I don’t even have any secret knitting. Nice photos from the Minnesota Digital Library.

11. Stardragon Says:
    March 17th, 2008 at 6:59 pm

Yay! Another knitting dragon! There aren’t enough of us in the world. ^_^ Nice site you have here, and nice photos too! Good luck with your secret project!

12. Carrie K Says:
    March 17th, 2008 at 9:24 pm

Cool pix! Secret projects are fun but not so great for blog fodder.