Short

I cast off Logan last night, and managed to get a so-so picture in the waning daylight.

lrwdone.jpg

Not much to look at yet, isn’t it? I folded the stole so that the upper and lower borders are visible.

Here’s the lowdown. I didn’t have enough yarn for 28 repeats, much less 29. After completing the 28th repeat and 2/3 of the upper border, I finally conceded defeat and had to make a decision. I could try contacting a few people through Ravelry to trade for a single skein or similar leftovers. Or just make do with what I had.

I really wanted to finish this stole, so I went back down to the 27th repeat and added the upper border. While I’m looking forward to the soaking and blocking magic this weekend, I’m a little bit disappointed with the length. What if, after blocking, it’s still too short?

Tags: , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “Short”

February 15th, 2008 at 8:38 am

crossing fingers

2. bellamoden Says:
    February 15th, 2008 at 9:21 am

It’ll be great! I know it. If I were to make it, maybe I’d make it narrower? Would that work?

February 15th, 2008 at 10:30 am

I can’t wait to see the results. I bet after blocking it’ll be just fine.

February 15th, 2008 at 2:04 pm

Based on the gauge and the finished size of the pattern, it looks like you’re only going to be 3 inches short… surely you can block it a little more so it’s a little less and then you’ll barely notice the difference. It will be okay.

February 15th, 2008 at 2:39 pm

Block the living hell out of it. That’s my advice. :)

February 16th, 2008 at 6:46 pm

O no! That happened to me recently. Have you tried posting an inquiry on iso-and-destashing group on ravelry? I think you need to put the subject as “ISO: (bla) (bla) (bla)” ISO means In Search Of Maybe someone in that group has that yarn you’re looking for, and be kind enough to send their leftover or you can do a trade.

Or go to ravelry, and under yarn tab, search the yarn you are looking for. And look for people who has the yarn for trade or sell. And you can pm those people. That’s how I got my rescue yarn from someone in ravelry with same color too.

7. Sydney Says:
    February 16th, 2008 at 11:55 pm

Hopefully it will be just long enough after it’s blocked. If it’s still too short after blocking, you can always take out the border, find some more yarn and extend it.

8. Carrie K Says:
    February 17th, 2008 at 9:41 pm

Crossing fingers for you!

And if it is too short, you can try the frog & Ravelry route.

9. Jennifer Says:
    February 17th, 2008 at 10:38 pm

I’m hoping it blocks to a size you like. Blocking can do wonders! Fingers crossed for you.

February 18th, 2008 at 2:34 pm

It looks like it will be wonderful!