If I were a book…

ETA: Schrodinger (yes, the one I test-knit the Twisted Tweed socks for) is running a contest in preview of her new Etsy shop. Go over there right now and leave a comment for a chance to win a cool cube-shaped sock bag!

What? What? There was a miniseries? How did I miss this? Oh yeah… I was buried under a ton of books in grad school. Time to update my Netflix queue! : ) Cute quiz, even if I’m not Camelot-obsessed. (Quiz via Kimbooktu.)

You’re The Mists of Avalon!
by Marion Zimmer Bradley
You’re obsessed with Camelot in all its forms, from Arthurian legend to the Kennedy administration. Your favorite movie from childhood was “The Sword in the Stone”. But more than tales of wizardry and Cuban missiles, you’ve focused on women. You know that they truly hold all the power. You always wished you could meet Jackie Kennedy.

Take the Book Quiz at the Blue Pyramid.

Tags: ,

11 Responses to “If I were a book…”

August 28th, 2007 at 8:37 am

There was a miniseries?! I had no idea, either!

August 28th, 2007 at 9:31 am

Hmmmm, I’m thinking I saw this. Loved the books, but the movie was only so-so. Not sure why, maybe I’ll have to look for it again!

August 28th, 2007 at 9:32 am

There was a miniseries – right after Juliana Margulies left ER. I don’t think it was supposed to be very good. Kind of cheesy.

4. Deb Says:
    August 28th, 2007 at 11:12 am

Read the book in high school, and saw the mini-series at the video store last weekend. I was kinda tempted– but passed. It looked like a small-budget production. It could be fabulous, but didn’t appear to be.

Now, if the Outlander series were ever produced…

August 28th, 2007 at 12:58 pm

I didn’t realize there was a mini-series either. Let me know how it is.

August 28th, 2007 at 4:46 pm

I love the box bags on her website. I would love to make one one of these days.

August 28th, 2007 at 5:12 pm

Apparently I’m Ulysses. bwahaha That was a fun quiz. Thanks for passing it on. :-)

Thanks for reminding me of the mini-series. I need to add those to my queue.

8. bellamoden Says:
    August 29th, 2007 at 11:52 am

The miniseries was okay…. the book was better.

9. Amy Says:
    August 29th, 2007 at 2:46 pm

I knew about the miniseries, but I seem to remember the buzz being pretty mediocre. I loved the book so much that I didn’t want to take the risk.

10. Carrie K Says:
    August 29th, 2007 at 5:11 pm

Yes there was a mini series! You all clearly do not watch enough TV ;)

The mini series was okay. The book was okay. I wasn’t that jazzed about either.

11. Kimbooktu Says:
    August 30th, 2007 at 9:13 pm

Hi!

Thank you for mentioning my website. I thought I had put you on my blogroll a long time ago. Apparently, I did not. I will put your blog on it right away. I love it!

Kim

PS Oh, I would also like to bring my project to your attention. It is called ‘Your Home Library’. You can find it here: http://yourhomelibrary.wordpress.com