3 things

1. It’s so sad, shocking, and awful about the bridge collapse. Yes, I’m OK. Fortunately no one in my family was anywhere close. I used to live on the West Bank, right in this area; I can’t imagine how stressful it must be over there now.
  2. In case you missed the news, MezzoDiva is fundraising for her participation in the 2007 Weekend to End Breast Cancer. If you contribute, you will get a copy of her sock pattern Campanula for the Cure! All the details and donation instructions are available in this post. She has also recently started a KAL blog for anyone planning to knit the pattern. It’s a very pretty pattern; I haven’t quite decided what yarn I’ll use. Possibly the recent Rockin’ Sock Club colorway, Firebird? Or maybe I’ll wait to see what arrives this month?
  3. Did you know Tuesday Morning currently sells yarn? And not just the eyelash/novelty variety. I had no idea. Mom happened to stop in there yesterday and bought a few skeins for me. She reports that the shelves were pretty messy and picked over (typical of the store), but that there were also some very nice yarns priced at 50% off retail. This 50% silk, 50% wool has a lovely heather sheen to it. Any project suggestions? (And, in case you want to know which store, she was at the Sibley Plaza location, on West 7th.)

Charmant

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to “3 things”

August 3rd, 2007 at 11:13 am

Wow! I’ve never actually ever seen anything GOOD at Tuesday Morning. Good job, Mom!

August 3rd, 2007 at 11:20 am

Dang, the nicest yarn I’ve ever seen was Cotton-Ease when they were closing that out…

August 3rd, 2007 at 11:27 am

Nice mom! I don’t know where any of the Tuesday Mornings are any longer since the one out here moved.

4. Amy Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 11:40 am

Whew. Glad you’re OK. And acquiring more yarn. :-)

5. Kristen Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 3:43 pm

I left a perfectly good Tuesday Morning back in Cincinnati without ever visiting it. Dang.

Glad to hear you and your family are alright. Just one more person to check with, and I’ll be put at ease.

6. brtt Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 4:14 pm

the store I go to def. doesn’t have any good stuff. At least not yet, maybe they will get some soon. I will keep an eye out for that.

7. April Says:
    August 3rd, 2007 at 4:29 pm

I was looking at the wiki for the bridge (there was an article in the strib) and one of the pictures contained the dorm I used to live in. I walked the 10th street bridge many times from West Bank to the dorm. It was kind of creepy to think about it.

August 3rd, 2007 at 5:25 pm

Glad you’re alright, and your family too. Love the new yarn… maybe you can find some suggestions on Ravelry.

August 4th, 2007 at 3:39 am

Glad to hear you are ok!

August 4th, 2007 at 9:19 pm

I’m glad to hear you are OK. Most of my friends and family I know are OK. It’s really scary indeed.

August 5th, 2007 at 3:01 pm

Even though I had no idea you were in that area, I’m so glad to hear you’re okay. I still can’t get over the tragedy that that occurred there.

August 7th, 2007 at 10:14 am

Not bad! That’s beautiful. No idea what you should knit with it though. Perhaps you should just fondle it for a while, put it in the stash to stew for a bit.

P.S. Glad to hear you’re ok.

August 8th, 2007 at 5:53 pm

What’s the weight? I’ve seen a few sock patterns made with wool/silk blends, but it might be too thick? Fall shawl? Nice colors, though!

August 9th, 2007 at 2:05 am

I too was in Tuesday Morning in Los Angeles today and bought 4 skeins of the blue like yours. Was looking for a pattern and ran across your blog. Enjoyed! 50g 131 yrds 5sts=1″. If anyone has an idea. Chris

15. Cassie Says:
    August 25th, 2007 at 10:03 pm

I was crawling arount the ‘net to see if anyone else had discovered decent yarn @ Tuesday Morning yet and happened upon your blog… I’ve been to 5 TM stores in the last several weeks and have picked up a BUNCH… I got the “charmant” like yours, but mine’s pink/peach, not blue. One of the clerks let me know that the Sept. 12th ad will have a bunch of yarn, might be worth another trip.