Fog!

Saturday morning, I woke up to fog. That doesn’t happen very often around here. It usually burns off by sunrise. Or, if it lingers, it’s usually only in the Mississippi valley. These pictures were taken with my Treo camera at around 7 AM. The fog burned off about 9 AM.

fog2.jpg

Visibility was very low, as you can see in this picture.

fog1.jpg

The bright blue chrome of the HealthPartners building in Bloomington was indistinguishable.

fog3.jpg

This wall is the South section of the MOA. Spy that light blue in the top-right? The sun was obviously out, but the fog was very thick in most areas.

It appears the foggy weather was widespread; Marguerite at Stitches of Violet also posted pictures of the fog they experienced in SW Michigan.

Tags:

7 Responses to “Fog!”

March 27th, 2007 at 9:07 am

I only looked at it through my windows, but it was really cool!

2. Frarochvia Says:
    March 27th, 2007 at 9:17 am

Gorgeous stuff!

3. Kristen Says:
    March 27th, 2007 at 11:34 am

I’m up in Canada, and yesterday it rained. It rained all over the remains of the snowbanks (they get to be about 20′ high over the course of the winter here). The rain on the snowbanks made fog EVERYWHERE. There were small patches on the road next to the river that were so dense I had to slow down because my headlights on the fog put visibility at about 10′ in front of the car. Fog’s neat, but not to drive in.

March 28th, 2007 at 10:49 am

And today we are soggy.

March 28th, 2007 at 11:12 am

Freaky weather everywhere… yesterday in DC it was 80 degrees and that was at 8pm!

6. Britt Says:
    March 28th, 2007 at 12:32 pm

An invitation because I love your blog and I would love to learn more about you:

Write yourself a manifesto. Make it specific (knitting or parenting or music) or general (like mine) So that I can read it.

7. Sydney Says:
    March 29th, 2007 at 3:08 pm

I love the pictures. The fog is really thick! I love foggy days but it’s been warm and dry here in Alabama.